Booking Terms & Conditions
- ‘We’ and ‘us’ – We and us being Escape Holiday Venture Ltd (Escape HV Ltd) trading as Escape
- ‘You’ – You being the holiday maker and guests
- ‘Contract’ – Between ‘you’ the holiday maker and ‘us’ Escape
- ‘Stay’ – meaning the rental period
Bookings and payments
- You can make bookings in the following ways:
- Directly via the website at escape-uk.co
- A booking confirmation will be sent via email after completion of the booking – please check this thoroughly and contact us immediately to rectify any mistakes*
- Please ensure the contact methods provided during booking are available to you during your trip to ensure Escape can contact you if necessary. This can be either by email or telephone.
- We advise that you take out holiday insurance for your stay
- Any requests to amend already confirmed bookings will be looked at and best endeavours made to achieve your request but cannot be guaranteed.
- Escape cannot accept booking from guests under the age of 18
- Please contact us by email to email@example.com if you require details to be given in large print
- Payment is due in full 8 weeks prior to arrival
- Reminders for payments due will be sent by email and a link provided to the payment portal on the Escape website.
- Any payments overdue by 14 days will result in properties being re-marketed as available on the website.
- If Escape are able to re-let the property, you will receive a full refund of your deposit monies
- If we are unable to re-let the property, your deposit money will not be refunded.
- Any bookings made within 8 weeks of arrival, payment is required in full immediately at the time of booking
- Confirmation of payments received will be sent via email
- Payments can be made online by bank transfer, credit card or debit card online.
- Should you wish to cancel your booking, you will need to write to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org *
- Cancelling a confirmed booking may incur a cost depending on the time remaining to you intended arrival *
- If you cancel within 7 days of arrival, you will incur 100% of the total booking fee
- If you cancel within 7-14 days of arrival, you will incur 85% of the total booking fee
- If you cancel within 15 – 28 days of arrival, you will incur 65% of the total booking fee
- If you cancel within 29 – 35 days of arrival, you will incur 50% of the fee.
- Anything more than 35 days (5 weeks) you will receive a full refund
- If the property is re-let for the duration of your intended stay and you have cancelled 15 days or more before your intended arrival date, a full refund will be issued.
- If the property you intend to visit becomes unavailable at any time for any reason we will contact you immediately and will use all best endeavours to put forward an alternative property to suit your needs. If an alternative property cannot be found we will reimburse you in full.
- If you agree to take an alternative property, we will arrange for all the details to be changed and sent out to you immediately. Confirmation of the amended details will be sent via email.
- The rental period commences at 4pm on the day of arrival and terminates at 10am on the day of departure
- Arrivals outside of this time without prior consent will not be admitted. Bags cannot be left at the property before the allocated arrival time for security reasons. Escape do not accept any responsibility for your belongings in this instance.
- Departures after the designated time, unless agreed in writing prior to the stay, will incur a fee.
- An earlier arrival time or a late departure may be possible by prior arrangement. Confirmation of this must be given in writing in order to be fulfilled. This is only available at the discretion of Escape HV Ltd and cannot be guaranteed.
Right to refuse or terminate
- Escape reserves the right to terminate your stay with immediate effect under the following grounds:
- Continued nuisance to neighbours and other guests
- Breach of the booking terms and conditions
- Illegal use of the premises
- Any actions that cause harm or threat to the premises, its occupants, neighbours and others around it.
- If your stay has been terminated with immediate effect, Escape reserve the right to refuse you a refund of your stay.
Guest obligations – Damages and care of the property
- You agree to take care of the property and all of its contents, fixtures and fittings and leave these in the same condition as they were on arrival. Instructions for appliances etc are provided in the manual.
- A full itinerary is carried out before each new stay and a check out inspection is carried out following each rental period.
- Any damages, accidental or otherwise, during your stay must be reported to us as soon as possible in writing via email to email@example.com so that we can ensure replacements are available for the next guests, and/ or repairs can be arranged.
- Any accidental damages and/ or wear and tear caused by you or your pets will be payable by you to Escape on written demand, to cover any reasonable costs for making good and/ or repair.
Use of the property
- The property must only be used for holiday purposes.
- No more than the maximum amount of people and pets specified on the website for each property are allowed to stay in the property.
- The property must be used in a respectful manner and not cause a nuisance to neighbours and others in or around the premises.
- Guests must adhere to the risk assessments and rules of the property in order to ensure your and other users of the premises’ safety.
- Fire safety rules and risk assessments are provided in the property manual. Please ensure these are read and understood
- Smoking of any kind, including Vaping and E-cigarettes, are strictly prohibited in any part of the building.
- Guests must make themselves familiar with the safety procedures set out in the manual at the commencement of your stay.
- Please ensure you are familiar with the following:
- layout of the property
- location of the escape route
- Further information can be found in the manuals provided in the properties
Escape reserve the right to terminate the contract without refund should these not be adhered to
- We accept only one dog in selected properties.
- A charge of £20 is payable for each dog to allow for the extra housekeeping required.
- You agree to inform us of any dogs that will be joining you in the property.
- By informing us that a dog will be joining you, we will be able to provide a welcome gift for your pet.
- Should we find that pets have been present in the property without prior consent, a fine will be payable
- Although certain properties are marketed as not available for pets, we cannot guarantee that pets have not been in the property
- Registered assistance dogs are permitted in all properties at no extra charge.
- You must make Escape aware of this at the time of booking to avoid any misunderstandings at check out.
- Dogs must not be left in the property unattended.
- Dogs are not permitted on any of the furniture
- You must respect neighbours and others around you by keeping your dog under control at all times and not causing a nuisance
- Any fouling outside the property must be cleared immediately. Poop bags can be put in the general waste bin provided in the bin store.
- Dogs must be wormed and free of fleas. Any issues resulting from the lack of flea or parasite control following your stay will carry a supplementary fee and will be invoiced as necessary.
Infants – under 2 years
- Infants under the age of 2 are welcome in all properties and a cot and high chair will be provided with prior notice
- You must inform us at the time of booking of the ages of the guests so that appropriate equipment can be provided
- Children must be supervised at all times particularly when in the stairwell and communal areas.
- Please note that entrance doorways at West House exit onto the driveway.
- Kitchen cupboards are not locked therefore care must be taken to ensure children do not access the cupboard or drawers.
- Escape have 2 fold out single beds which can be provided for older children. The availability of these beds are on a first come first served basis and availability must be clarified before booking.
- A supplementary charge of £20 per child is applicable
Right of entry
- Escape or any person employed and permitted access by Escape have the right to enter the property at all reasonable times to inspect the property and carry out necessary maintenance or repairs.
- Notice will be given to you by the methods provided during booking. Please ensure these are available to you during your trip.
- In cases of emergency Escape or any persons employed and permitted access by Escape have the right to enter the property immediately.
- Should you have any complaints during your stay please inform Escape immediately giving full details and reasoning for your complaint, we will then investigate your complaint fully and take action as necessary.
- Escape aim to deal with and resolve complaints as quickly as is reasonably possible.
- Any complaints regarding your stay but issued after the rental period has ended must be given in writing within a reasonable time following departure.
- Escape endeavour to keep the website and all literature and details relating to the properties and its surroundings up to date and relevant, however, there may be occasions where information has unintentionally been missed or is out of date.
- Minor changes to fixtures and fitting may have been changed or been installed that is not shown in the imagery. Should there be specific items that are vital to your stay, please clarify this with us prior to booking to ensure this is still available.
- Escape cannot be held responsible for works being carried out on the road or buildings in the surrounding area. Should we become aware of any planned works taking place that may affect your stay, we endeavour to inform you immediately, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- This is only applicable when our booking system goes live and bookings are made direct through the Escape website. Any bookings made through Airbnb please refer to their booking terms and conditions.