At Escape we aim to make sure everyone enjoys their stay no matter what their needs may be. We endeavour to provide accurate information to help you make an informed decision as to which property is right for you during your stay.
We will ask you about your vehicle so that we can arrange parking accordingly.
- There are four parking spaces in total with two at the rear and two at the front of the property. One space per apartment.
- The two spaces at the front of the property are good sizes but manoeuvring is very tight for larger vehicles, these spaces are more appropriate for smaller cars Please park courteously to allow maximum manoeuvring space for the neighbouring vehicle.
- The two spaces at the rear are a good size with plenty of manoeuvring space. Access to the rear is between two buildings (No. 38 and West House) and although big enough for a large van, it is tight – please drive slowly and carefully to avoid damage to wing mirrors.
- The driveway is 245cm at its narrowest.
- Parking bays will be allocated on a first come first served basis with disabled vehicles taking priority. Free parking is available further up the road and if necessary we will provide you with a map indicating where you are able to park prior to your arrival.
- Parking bays at the rear of the building are more suited to disabled parking providing more space than at the front of the property.
- Please ensure you tell us of any individual needs so that we can arrange the parking accordingly
- The parking area at West House is ramped up away from the public footpath and highway.
- There are no gates between the parking area and main highway.
- At night time the driveway and the parking area is lit up by bollard lighting and wall lights on the building
- The route into town is on footpaths from the front of the property straight on and through the Westgate Towers onto the main highstreet, this involves crossing a lot of side roads on the way, there are many zebra crossings to assist in crossing the roads safely. The walk into the centre of town is approximately 15 minutes.
- Canterbury West train station is a 10-minute stroll from West House, just under half a mile away. There is a taxi rank outside the station entrance.
- Canterbury East train station is a 25-minute walk from West House through the town centre, just over one mile.
- Logleys are available 24/7 – 01227 710777
- Galaxy taxis 01227 450150 – have wheelchair access vehicles
- Cab Co – have wheelchair access vehicles